TERMS AND CONDITIONS
1. Acceptance of rental conditions
These general conditions of boat rental regulate the rights and obligations of the lessee (referred to hereafter as the “Client“) and the lessor (referred to hereafter as the “charter company”). CharterCroatia.net is referred to hereafter as “CC.net” and reservation of a boat through the CharterCroatia.net web page is referred to hereafter as “web page”. Reservation of boat through this site CharterCroatia.net, the client accepts all the conditions of the lease on its own behalf and on behalf of his own crew.
2. Rental price and payment
The rental price includes the leasing of a boat with standard equipment, together with boat and crew insurance for the rental period. The rental price excludes costs incurred relating to domicile marinas (parking, berth, etc), fuel, skipper/hostess service and the costs of other optional services. The Client can take responsibility for the boat that was previously reserved via this Web page after paying 50% of the rental price upon approval of his request (in advance) and the remaining 50% of the rental price at least 4 weeks prior to the rental date. These payment regulations cannot be modified without CC.net’s consent.
3. Obligations of the Charter companyThe Charter company agrees to provide the Boat to the Client in full commission and in proper working order, with a full complement of equipment, inclusive of that required by the Specification on these pages. The boat must be in immaculate condition, with the water and fuel tanks filled. It should be delivered at the agreed time and with all necessary documentation.
If, for any reason, the Charter company does not fulfill the aforementioned conditions, the Client has a right to reimbursement for all days when he was unable to use the boat. Also, if it is impractical for the Charter company to place the reserved boat at the Client’s disposal at the agreed time and in the agreed place, the Charter company is obliged to ensure that a substitute boat is available with the same or better specification than the one reserved. If the Charter company is unable to provide a substitute boat, the Client has right to cancel the contract and request reimbursement of the whole rental amount or part of the amount for those days when he was unable to use the boat.
The Client has a right to reimbursement only of the paid rental amount. All other rights are excluded. If the boat or its equipment is damaged due to natural causes, the Client is obliged to contact the Charter company immediately. The Charter company is obliged to rectify any damage to the boat within 24 hours. In this instance, the Client has no right to any reimbursement.
4. DepositPrior to taking responsibility for the boat from the marina where it is moored, the Client is obliged pay a deposit to the Charter company. The deposit will be calculated in accordance with the length/value of the boat. The deposit may be paid in cash, by cheque or by credit card and will be reimbursed to the Client once the boat has been returned and satisfactorily inspected. The deposit will be reimbursed to the Client in full only where no damage has been caused to the boat or its equipment nor reports of potential damage made by third parties during usage of the boat.
If the Client reports damage or the Charter company discovers during inspection that the boat or equipment is damaged or a piece of equipment is missing, the Charter company will retain part or all of the deposit, equal to the cost of repairs or replacement of missing equipment.
Should the boat not be returned in a clean and tidy condition, cleaning fees will be deducted from the deposit. Should the fuel tanks not be full, the amount required to fill the fuel tanks will be deducted from the deposit.
5. Obligations of the clientAfter having taken responsibility for the boat, the Client is obliged to sail solely in Croatian territorial waters. In order to leave Croatian territorial waters he must obtain special written approval. The Client is required to observe all rules and regulations relating to keeping a boat log, treating the boat and its equipment with utmost care and sailing in accordance with good navigational practice, i.e. only when the weather conditions are favourable and there is good visibility.
The Client or his skipper should have navigational skills and hold all licenses necessary for navigation in the open sea and usage of a VHF radio station.
If the boat is involved in an accident on the sea and the boat or any of its equipment is damaged during sailing, the Client is required to inform the Charter company immediately. The relevant telephone numbers of the Charter company can be found in boat documentation.
6. Responsibilities of the clientIf any misdeeds and/or negligence in boat manouevring have resulted in damage to a third party which is not covered by insurance, the Client is personally obliged to cover all material and legal costs that may result from such misdeeds/negligence. The Client is responsible in particular where the boat is confiscated due to unlawful boat activity. In the case of damage and/or accident, the Client is obliged to make a note of events and to ask for written certification from the nearest Post Office, doctor or other authorized persons. The Client is also obliged to inform the Charter company of any such event.
If the boat is lost, confiscated or an authorised party has forbidden its sailing, the Client is obliged to inform the Charter company and any other relevant authorised persons.
The Client is required to check the oil level in the motor on a daily basis. The Client is obliged to cover all costs relating to damages and losses resulting from a lack of oil in the engine. All damages to the underwater section caused by the Client’s negligence will be repaired at the Client's expense.
7. Boat Inspection
The lessee is required to return the boat to the Charter company at the agreed time and in the agreed location. The boat must be clean, undamaged and the fuel tanks must be full. If the Client does not return the boat to the Charter company at the correct time and in the correct location, the Client agrees to pay 300% of the daily rate for each day overdue. Late return may be justified in the case of force majeure provided that the Client informs the Charter company immediately.
8. InsuranceBoat insurance is subject to the conditions set out by the relevant insurance company.
The boat, its equipment and crew are insured for all types of damage and loss, the value of which surpasses the franchise/deposit amount for the aforementioned boat. The boat’s guide holds liability insurance for third party damages. In the case of more serious accidents and where other boats are involved, the Client is obliged to report such cases to authorized persons at the nearest Post Office and obtain all documentation that the insurance company deems necessary. The documentation shall contain all relevant information regarding the causes of the accident and conditions prevailing at the time of the accident. The Client is obliged to inform the Charter company immediately of any such events. If the Client fails to take the aforementioned steps, he will be held liable for all damage arising from the non-reporting or late reporting of the incident.
The insurance policy covers all damage arising from inclement weather and other natural disasters but does not cover damage arising from intentional or negligent boat manoeuvring. The Client is not permitted to use his deposit to pay for this type of damage.The Client should cover all costs caused by misdeed or negligence. The insurance policy does not cover damage to sails or the motor that are caused by lack of motor oil.
9. Rental cancellationShould the Client and his crew cancel the rental for any reason after entering into an agreement with the Charter company, CC.net will retain the whole amount paid for rental. Should the Client cancel the rental 4 weeks or more prior to the charter period, CC.net will retain 50% of the rental price. Should the Client cancel the rental less than 4 weeks prior to the charter period, CC.net will retain the whole amount. Where a Client has insured himself for the hiring of a charter boat but has subsequently cancelled the boat hire for justified reasons the insurance company may offer the Client compensation.
CC.net reserves the right to substitute a boat when the reserved boat is damaged due to unforeseen circumstances, e.g. natural disasters causing water damage, etc. In this instance, CC.net will provide a boat with an equal or better specification than the boat reserved.
This clause ceases to apply in the case of war, terrorist activities, natural and nuclear disasters or other unforeseen circumstances that could be defined as an Act of God. In this instance, CC.net is not obliged to pay compensation to the Client.
If the Client and his crew have any complaint during the boat chartering period, they should inform the Charter company and CC.net about it who will endeavour to resolve any problems. Only objections and complaints presented in written form during the boat inspection will be taken into consideration.